Imagine this. The fate of humanity is at stake, and today is the day we fight back. Today, people from every corner of the world must come together and participate in the movement that will unite all of mankind. Today… we must party.
That’s right my friends, party. World Party Day, aka P-Day, is upon us. This ingenious holiday was inspired by Vanna Bontas’ 1995 book; Flight, A Quantum Fiction Novel, which ends with the world joining together in one unified global celebration. The idea of a worldwide party was a hit, and by April 3 of the next year the world’s first P-Day was in full effect – and people all across the globe were gettin’ down.
With the motto, ‘party is the opposite of war,’ World Party Day is not just an excuse to let loose, it is, more importantly, an opportunity to unify people through positive interactions, and in turn, make the world a more peaceful place. It’s saying today we will set aside our differences and join together in celebrating the one thing we all have in common – life.
So, get out there today and celebrate as if our future depends on it! And don’t forget, the goal is to party with a purpose. Here are some ways you can party your way into a better world:
- Throw an impromptu block party. Whip up some margaritas and get to know your neighbors.
- Anonymously buy a stranger a cocktail while you’re throwing back at the bar.
- Invite friends over for a BBQ and take any leftovers to the local food pantry.
- Have a party with a cause. Find a charity you care about and host a fundraiser.
- Invite your coworkers out for happy hour – even the ones you don’t like. Up the ante, the first one who complains buys a round of LandSharks. Only positivity welcome here!
- Get crazy, rent a party bus and take the crew out on the town.
- Throw a themed party in the park, purchase extra costumes and invite any passersby.
- Spread the word by sharing your good party deeds on social media using #worldpartyday
It doesn’t matter if your participation is calculated or casual, as long as you remember today is about having fun and working towards a more unified tomorrow.
So, if you didn’t have a good enough reason to party today, at least now you have a better one!
About the Author: My name is Sarah and I love exploring our planet and learning from its many wonders. You can follow my adventures and insights on my blog, TheWanderessWriter.com. Happy travels and Fins Up!