It’s National American Beer Day, so kick back with a LandShark Lager and impress your friends with these “FIN” beer facts!
- The White House brews its own beer – what’s more American than that? The White House blog claims President Obama is the first president to brew his own beer in the White House, with recipes that include honey tapped from the first bee-hive on the South Lawn. Get the recipes for the White House Honey Ale and Honey Porter here.
- On National American Beer Day, approximately 356 thousand* LandSharks will be consumed. LandShark Lager, brewed by Margaritaville Brewing Company, is a refreshing, island-style lager brewed with a complex blend of hops that deliver a distinct taste. Since its first sip on February 11, 2008, LandShark is now available in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Belize and South Africa.
- Beer is becoming part of the college curriculum, not just an extracurricular activity. From getting a B.S. in Fermentation Science and Technology to Brewers Certificates, colleges and universities across the country are bringing beer and the craft brewing industry to the classroom. If you’re currently hitting the books to make beer your career, earn some tropical extra credit as a Margaritaville College Ambassador.
- LandShark has your back every day of the year, not just on National American Beer Day. And we mean literally…the back of your shirt, games and décor for the back of your yard and many more items that bring the FIN to your life! Check out all of our new and favorite LandShark items here.
- For anyone wanting to enjoy a LandShark in LandShark, LandShark Bar & Grills are located in Atlantic City, Biloxi, Hollywood Beach and Myrtle Beach (and coming soon to Tulsa and Belize!). Inspired by the great beach joints of the Atlantic coast, these venues bring together fresh, coastal food, delicious drinks and an authentic no worries vibe. And if you’re in Hollywood Beach or Pensacola Beach, stop by around 5 o’Clock to sample our favorite American beer!
- According to Czechs, bathing in beer comes with multiple benefits for the body and mind. Many of the treatments claim to assist with blood circulation, open up pores, soften the skin and infuse the body with vitamins. While this trend seems to be going global, for now we think we will keep our spa treatments in St. Somewhere (Pigeon Forge, TN and Hollywood Beach, FL) and our LandSharks at happy hour!
- We heart beer…and apparently so does your heart! According to Harvard University, studies show beer can help reduce your risk of heart disease. Across more than 100 studies, a 25% to 40% reduction in risk was found.
*Number based on year ending 2015 volume breakdown.