Last month the Margaritaville University college ambassadors were challenged to submit their best burger recipe. A hungry panel of Margaritaville judges chose 5 winners to be featured on Margaritaville.com.
Hometown: West Hartford, CT
College: Senior at University of Connecticut (UConn)
Best Thing About Being Part of Margaritaville University: I really love being able to tell people all about Jimmy Buffett and the different brands of Margaritaville. Everyone knows the song, but they are always surprised when they hear how much Margaritaville has to offer.
Inspiration for your recipe: I’m a big fan of burgers and Italian food, so I thought why not combine the two!
If you could enjoy my burger anywhere in the world it would be: Probably on the Mediterranean Sea by the water listening to Jimmy Buffett.
Favorite Jimmy Buffett Song: “I Will Play For Gumbo”
In the mood for Italian? A burger? Why choose! Here’s how to make Tyler’s One Particular Peninsula Burger
- Ground Beef
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Marinara Sauce
- Ciabatta Roll
- Ricotta Cheese
- Genoa Salami or Pepperoni
- Olive Oil
- Stuff Mozzarella cheese in your ground beef and create a meatball
- Place the meatball on the grill and press it down into a patty shape
- While the burger is cooking, drizzle olive oil and garlic powder on the Ciabatta roll and begin toasting the bun.
- Cook to your liking then top your burger with basil, Ricotta Cheese, salami, pepperoni or both and a spoonful of marina sauce.