May is National Hamburger Month! Check out this unique twist on the traditional meat and bun concept.
There is the rare exception – a person who rocks their jean shorts short and their bikini tops tiny while digging into a meaty burger, oozing with extra cheese. But in my opinion, she is definitely an enigma. It’s fun to bare some skin in the sun, but substantially less fun when you’re worried about your waistline.
Sometimes there’s just no need to hold back or “be good!” After all, everyone deserves a hearty meal like all the rest. This unique burger, made with lean chicken breast and served on a low-calorie, high-fiber English muffin, has a zesty, creamy sauce on top that will feel like an indulgence (and taste like one, too). Try it!
Zesty Chicken Burgers with Cilantro Cream
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 3 tbsp. minced red onion
- 1/4 c. minced cucumber
- 2 tbsp. lowfat mayo
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. lowfat mayo
- 3 tbsp. lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp. minced jalapeno
- 4 whole wheat English muffins
- sliced tomato
- leaf lettuce
- For burgers, mix together all “burger” ingredients in a mixing bowl and shape into four patties.
- For cilantro cream, mix all “cilantro cream” ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Heat for about two minutes. Add burgers and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins (either under broiler or in toaster). Divide cilantro cream between bottom slice of each English muffin. Top with burger, then lettuce and tomato and remaining slice of English muffin. Serve.