Last month the Margaritaville University college ambassadors were challenged to submit their best burger recipe. A hungry panel of Margaritaville judges chose the best of the best to be featured on Margaritaville.com.
Hometown: Madison, Georgia
College: University of Georgia
Best thing about being part of Margaritaville University: Getting to spread island vibes all year round while being part of something I’m passionate about!
Inspiration for my recipe: Just an island state of mind, really! We focused on tropical flavors while being careful not to shade the delicious taste of a classic cheeseburger.
If I could enjoy my burger anywhere in the world it would be: Key West, FL
Favorite Jimmy Buffett Quote: “Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call, wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall” (Can’t help but sing this one out loud when I see the water! It’s so accurate for my life, and it always strikes a chord in me. It’s like a love song to the ocean, and I love it!)
- 1 pack ground sirloin
- Pinch of applewood rub
- A few strips of bacon
- 1 small can of sliced pineapples
- 2 tbs. coconut rum
- 1 tbs. ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of jalapeños
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Mix a few strips of shredded bacon in with ground sirloin. Form into patties.
- Sprinkle a pinch of applewood rub onto each patty.
- While these cook, form chutney topping. Mix pineapples, coconut rum, ginger, garlic, onions, and jalapeños in bowl. Sauté together.
- Toast buns (optional).
- Build your burger! Place patty on bun, add cheese, lettuce, tomato, one pineapple ring, and top it with the chutney.