Need some last minute gift ideas for your family and friends? (Same here…shhh)
Don’t worry, with a quick run to your local craft store or using up some items around the house, you have everything you need to fill up the space under the tree. And, as a bonus, you don’t need to spend a lot of money to show your friends a thoughtful and creative touch this season.
See below for some affordable and easy beach inspired DIY ideas for holiday gifts! We’ve made these gifts in the Margaritaville state of mind, but be creative with other lyrics or quotes that are meaningful to you and your circle.
Lyrical Gift Wrap
White wrapping paper, Burlap, Sharpie, seashell, Tape, Gorilla Glue
- Write your favorite lyrics (we chose Jimmy of course!) on white or any beachy color gift wrap.
- Tie a bow with some tan burlap.
- Attach a seashell as the gift tag by using Gorilla Glue.
Wavy Starfish Ornaments
Starfish, Sunglasses Stickers, Seashells, Sharpie, Gorilla Glue, String/Ornament Hook
- With a sharpies or any marker, color the bathing suit on to the starfish. For a bikini, you can use some sea shells to get creative with the bikini top.
- Glue sunglasses stickers on for the face. (Need to make sure they have UV protection!)
- Glue String or Ornament hook to top of starfish.
Message in a Bottle Ornament
Glass bulb ornament, sand, small seashells, sea rocks/glass, paper, sharpie
- Put sand in ornament.
- Put shells and sea rocks in next.
- Write a cute saying or quote on paper.
- Put paper in ornament.
For more on the artist behind these gifts, check out GiaBertone.com.