It’s a tradition for many to go around the dinner table on Thanksgiving and say what each person is thankful for. Every year, we are all thankful for the big things – our families and friends, our health and the delicious feast on our tables.
What we don’t always realize, there are little things to be thankful for every single day. Reflecting on these little things is what we like to think of as being in a constant Thankful State of Mind. It helps us remember it’s the little things in life that matter the most.
So, in the spirit of the season, we would like to take a moment and share some of the little things we are thankful for here in Margaritaville.
- We didn’t blow out our flip flops or step on a pop top
- Our only worry in the world is if the tides gonna reach our chairs
- The colors of the sunset
- Warm beach towels right out of the dryer
- Our favorite Hawaiian shirts
- A perfectly cooked cheeseburger in paradise
- The salty smell of the ocean
- The first sip of a cold LandShark
- That come Monday, it will be alright
- A perfectly ripe pineapple
- That we know our lost shaker of salt will turn up somewhere
- Even though some people claim there’s a woman to blame, we know it’s nobody’s fault
- There’s booze in the blender
- We can always find a bar stool
- There are no waiting lines for anything
- We can always stop to smell the hibiscus
- Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been
- We can laugh so we won’t go insane
- Our Fins are Up!
Sometimes it’s easier to focus on what we don’t have instead of all the things we do have. It is important to take a deep breathe, put your feet up and be mindful of all the wonderful things many of us take for granted. This year, let us all have gratitude no matter our latitude.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving (and every single day!)? Let us know on Instagram and Twitter by tagging @Margaritaville and #ThankfulStateofMind.