Wheel of Fortune and Latitude Margaritaville are once again making it possible for a lucky viewer to win a new “Home Sweet Home.” For the second year in a row, America’s Game® is partnering with Minto Communities and Margaritaville to give away a new home valued at $350,000 at Latitude Margaritaville, a 55-and-better, active-adult community, in the “Home Sweet Home Giveaway,” airing nationally October 28 through November 1.
Last year’s winner, Michael Corbett, formerly of Dayton, OH, had been watching Wheel of Fortune regularly and decided to register when the giveaway came up during the same week as his birthday. Even though he entered a few times throughout the week, Michael almost didn’t claim his prize explaining, “When they called the number came up as ‘unavailable number’ so I didn’t pick up. They called again, and I won a house!” In March, he moved into his new home located in the Latitude Margaritaville in Daytona Beach and has settled in nicely to the community.
Pat Sajak and Vanna White recently visited Corbett in Florida to tape a segment with him about his new home. All three were surprised by singer, songwriter and best-selling author Jimmy Buffett, whose lyrics and lifestyle inspired the community. After a short visit, Buffett asked Corbett, “Home sweet home?” “That’s for sure!” Corbett agreed.
“We had such a great response to our first Home Sweet Home giveaway that we couldn’t wait to do it again!” said Wheel of Fortune executive producer Harry Friedman. “Both Minto and Margaritaville are fantastic partners to the show, and together they have created a wonderful community in Latitude Margaritaville.”
To enter the sweepstakes, viewers should tune in to Wheel of Fortune each night October 28 through November 1, take note of the bonus round puzzle solution and input it at www.wheeloffortune.com for an entry. Members of the Wheel Watchers Club, Wheel of Fortune’s loyalty program, will be awarded an additional entry in the drawing. Winners will be chosen at random.
According to Minto Communities President Mike Belmont, “Working with Wheel of Fortune on their first ever ‘Home Sweet Home’ giveaway has been a truly great experience for everyone on the Latitude Margaritaville team! We are very pleased to have winner Michael Corbett as a new resident at Latitude Margaritaville Daytona Beach where he is enjoying his new home and the community’s unique lifestyle of fun, food and music. We look forward to welcoming our next lucky ‘Home Sweet Home’ giveaway winner to join us in celebrating carefree, island-style living at Latitude Margaritaville!”
In addition to the grand prize of a house, 20 Margaritaville gift cards valued at $500 each will be given away as first prizes. The gift cards will be redeemable at www.MargaritavilleStore.com and select Margaritaville resorts and restaurants.
A “Home Sweet Home” themed week on Wheel of Fortune will air in conjunction with the exciting giveaway. It will feature a custom set including images from Latitude Margaritaville communities and Margaritaville-branded products. During the week of shows, Wheel of Fortune contestants will compete to win luxury vacations to popular Margaritaville Resorts including those in Florida, the Carribean and The Great Smoky Mountains.
“After the success of last year’s Home Sweet Home week, and spending time with Michael in his new home in Latitude Margaritaville, we are thrilled to partner with Wheel of Fortune to do it all again,” said Tamara Baldanza-Dekker, chief marketing officer of Margaritaville. “We can’t wait to welcome more contestants and viewers to our Margaritaville resorts, communities and state of mind.”
For more information about the “Home Sweet Home Giveaway,” including the full rules, viewers can log on to www.wheeloffortune.com. Interviews and additional clips are available to the media upon request.
Watch contestants try to win trips to these Margaritaville Resorts and Hotels:
- Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman
- Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort
- Margaritaville Lake Resort
Lake of the Ozarks
- Margaritaville Resort & Marina – Key West
- Margaritaville Resort Gatlinburg
- Margaritaville Resort Orlando
- Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Rio Mar
- Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham St. Thomas
- Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo Costa Rica
Bring Margaritaville home with these items you’ll see on set:
- Cheeseburger in Paradise Wood Sign
- Margaritavillle Tequila Surfboards w/Bottle Opener Wall Art Sign in Yellow
- Margaritaville Tumble Tower
- Margaritaville Square Throw Pillows
- Margaritaville Icon Highball Glass (For Bar Prop)
- Margaritaville Vintage Wood Serving Tray (For Bar Prop)
- Margaritaville State of Mind Side Table
- Margaritaville Plane and Palm Wall Art Sign in Red
- Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
- Margaritaville Parrot Head Pool Float in Red
- Margaritaville 26-Inch Ladies Cruiser Bicycle in Blue
- Margaritaville 26-Inch Men’s Cruiser Bicycle in Orange
- Women’s First Look Bicycle (Beige)
- 5 O’Clock Somewhere Tray
- Margaritaville Serving Bar
- Margaritaville Relax Bar Stool
- Margaritaville 30” Beach Balls
- Margaritaville Beach Towels
- Margaritaville State of Mind Adirondack Chairs
- Margaritaville Cookbook
- Margaritaville Pickleball Paddles
- Margaritaville Multi-Color Beach Umbrella
- Margaritaville Stainless Steel Cooler
- Margaritaville Folding Butler Table
- Margaritaville 5 o’Clock Cornhole Set
- Margaritaville Inflatable SUP
- Blender Cups
- Margaritaville Margarita Glasses
Photos: Carol Kaelson